Monday, June 30, 2008

Time

There is an plethora of cliche's and sayings in which the subject is that of Time. "Time flies when you're having fun." "Time is on my side" (Mick Jagger) "Time is money" "Time to make the doughnuts." You get the idea.
It has been well over a week since I last found time to blog. You see when I set out on this journey of introspection and formalizing my thoughts into the written word, I had intentions to compose 5 days a week. Well, another cliche' states: "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." I'm not saying that I am planning a trip down the river Styx into the great abyss in the near future,(of this I am not absolutely certain, after all I can't see into the future, but I like my chances of obtaining at least the "Telestial kingdom"). However:
A) I did have good intentions. And:
2) to again steal a thought from my boy B-Dog, the notion of blogging every day is a bit "indulgent". I believe gluttony is a sin. (perhaps a sinonym? Ok maybe a stretch. B-Dog thinks HE is the master of the parenthetical!)
The notion that I am going to visit Mephistopheles is a distinct possibility given the above notation.
Digression. It seems to be a pattern for me. I believe the subject at hand is Time, of which for myself has been scarce in the last week. Time did indeed fly, though I must say I wasn't having all that much fun. So that cliche isn't relevant. Perhaps it should say: "Time flies when your having fun, but it also flies when you are extremely busy." It's easy to "lose track of Time" when you are busy. Next thing you know you are 43 years old with 4 kids and you look in the mirror and see an old man staring back at you. A bit over-dramatic, but you see the point. Even as I sit here now I feel the Time slipping away from me and my thoughts turn to other things vying for my attention. Maybe it is "Time to make the doughnuts." "Mmmmmmm dooooughhhhnutttsss" (Homer). Yeah it's definitely Time.

No comments: